Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome and Happy New Year

I've been dreaming of starting this blog for several months and many of you have shown me so much positive support and encouragement! Thank you!

Welcome to "Curvy Girl in a Skinny Fashion World!"

I fell in love with Fashion as a young girl. I dreamed of being a fashion designer and creating amazing wedding gowns and couture dresses. I have broadened my horizons but haven't lost that dream. In fact, I began pursuing that dream for the first time this year.

Being curvy is a blessing and a curse! I love my shape. I feel feminine and unique. I feel aproachable and attractive. The life of curves was not always a part of me. In fact, I used to be a stick. Then, I became a woman. I hit 25 and weight started to pack on and hang on for dear life.  Now, 28- about 185 lbs and a size 14/16- I am finding it harder and harder to find modern fashions to fit and flatter my curvy figure.

Many of you have shared this common problem as well. I hope to find and introduce companies that make clothing in OUR sizes that is fashionable and comfortable. I also want to share some of my own tricks of the trade for dressing our body shape. 

On the same note, I am a HUGE lover and seller of Vintage Fashions. I want to share why vintage clothing can be just as modern but often times a better fit for a curvy gal especially if you're on a budget like myself.

Since it's the beginning of 2012, I thought it to be a perfect time to explore this blog concept and engage in a community of other Fashion lovers and curvy girls. Many of you have even just made New Year's resolutions to figure out how to get into a certain size, or even embrace your own body as is. We can learn about each other's weight loss/ gain stories and share resources for shopping and more!

Feel free to contact me with your own body conscious questions/ fashion looks/ resources and I'll be sure to share them here!

Email me at bresbaubles@gmail.com 

 Check out my other blog Baubles, Accoutrements and Garb.

1 comment:

  1. I too love vintage and retro fashions, and sometimes have trouble finding fashions I really LOVE in my size. I think I'm around a size 18/20 at the moment. I like babydolls and tops with puffy short sleeves, an empire waist, and lots of lace and ruffles. It's nice that there are some retailers that are starting to wake up to the fact that there's a market for fashions designed to look good on someone who's not a size 2. That doesn't mean I'm not thinking of getting into better shape and improving my waistline, but I want to look natural and healthy too and not starve myself. Happy 2012! I hope you get a lot of followers.

    ReplyDelete